Saturday, January 16, 2010

"You look GOOD!!"



So yesterday, I’m sitting down for dinner with the kids. To set the scene, I went to Pilates in the morning, ran Luke to school, worked all day, etc., so I’m no makeup, whatever clothes I could throw together, hair pulled up, strands flying everywhere…you get the picture. Luke looks at me and says “Mommy, you look very good” and he was serious. After I stop laughing, I ask him why he said that. Seeing that this was clearly NOT the case, I surmised it had to be one of the following reasons:
• He is trying to butter me up for something…maybe cookies after dinner.
• He heard this either at school or on TV.
• He was lying, like when he comes home from school and tells me they had lasagna for snack.
• Love is blind
I’m not overly hopeful for the latter. He doesn’t elaborate. We finish dinner and move to baths and bedtime. After books and prayers he says “Mommy, Caillou (a cartoon he watches) says “you look good” to his grammy” ……I KNEW IT!!

No comments: