Friday, August 3, 2012

"Can I take your order"

Paige LOVES to play waitress.  When she wants to play, she walks up and says, "What kind of pizza do you want?"  Jay and I get a kick out of how she plays this game.  Here is about how it goes:

Paige: What kind of pizza do you want?
Mom: I'll have a cheese pizza and a lemonade.
Paige: We don't have pizza and we don't have lemonade but we have lemon water and we have rainbow water and we have orange juice and we have blue or pink or yellow straws.
Mom: OK, I'll have a lemon water.
Paige: With a blue straw because that is your favorite color.  What else do you want to have?
Mom: I'll have some chicken and fries, do you have that?
Paige: Um, yes we have that.  (she walks away and comes back some time later)
Paige: Here you go!  Here is your rainbow water and a pink straw because pink is for girls.
Mom: I asked for lemon water and a blue straw.
Paige: (exaggeratedly) Oh mom! (then ignores my request)
Paige: (some time later) Here is your hot dog!
Mom: I didn't order a hot dog.  I ordered chicken and fries.
Paige: We don't have fries but we do have hot dogs. 
Paige: What else do you want to order?  What do you want for dessert?
Mom: Ice cream.
Paige: No mom, we don't have ice cream.  We have cookies only.  Do you want to have a cookie?
Mom: Yes.
Paige: But you can't have one because you didn't eat your chicken.

No comments: