Friday, October 29, 2010

My Very Own Bank Account

I took Luke to open his very own bank account today. A friend told me about a program at one of the local banks for kids. We took in all the dollars that Luke had received from holiday cards, mostly from Mimi and Nana. I had been saving them in an envelope for him. $60!! Not bad for a 3year old. He got a stuffed animal and his very own passport savings book to track his deposits. Every time he goes into the bank to make a deposit, he gets to pick out a to from the treasure chest. Not a bad deal. He loves the idea that this is HIS bank (different then the bank we usually go to). Cute little program....

I'm waiting to open Paige an account until she is a bit older and can understand the concept. She did manage to get a stuffed animal out of the deal.

No comments: