Thursday, February 12, 2015

Manners - Listening - Healthy Mode - Style Girl

I have, admittedly, initiated a number of “programs” at home throughout the years for the kids that have flopped; notably the multiple chore sticker charts (don’t thrive when your kids aren’t driven by money!).  But I think I have a winner this time!  Sick of poor manners at the dinner table and even sicker of repeating the same orders time and again, I created the list of dinner rules to follow.  If even one is broken during dinnertime, NO DESSERT.  This is like a dagger to the heart for Luke.  He cherishes his desserts more than anything and seeing that it is immediate (dessert is directly after dinner) helps as well.  When I told the kids what we were doing and read the rules for the first time, I got halfway through reading rule #2 before Luke let out a loud. “AAAHHHHHHHH, THESE RULES ARE IMPOSSIBLE. I’M NEVER GOING TO HAVE DESSERT AGAIN!!!”  Week one and no child has broken a rule yet.


 
Luke was talking about school one day and said, “We have this one girl in class.  She is SO SMART.  She listens to the teacher the WHOLE TIME!”  I really couldn’t stop laughing at this one.  He was dead serious with this comment and was completely astonished that someone would actually listen to what the teacher was saying without interruption.  He did go on to say that what he does is listens then talks to his friends about bigfoot or something then listens some more and looks around the classroom…..

 
Paige has funny little sayings.  When someone is eating something healthy (fruit, veggies) she says, “oh, are you in healthy mode?” or if she chooses something healthy over junk food, she says, “I’m in healthy mode right now.”
I was brushing Paige’s hair this morning after her shower.  After I got the knots out and it was pretty much brushed she said, “I need to have the brush now so I can complete my style”

No comments: