Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Just Tuesday night dinnertime talk -

This was the conversation at dinner tonight:


Luke: When are we moving to the new house?

Mom: After Christmas.

Luke: How long are we going to live in this house?

(We clearly move around too much for this question to be asked)

Mom: We are going to be living in that house for a very very long time, until you guys are off to college.

Luke: Will I be there when I am 21 years old?

Mom: You’ll be in college then.

Paige: I don’t want to move out of the house!

Luke: You have to Paige, that is how it works!

Paige: I don’t have to go to college until after Luke because I am younger than Luke, right?

Mom: Yes, Paige. You guys get to move out after college, get a job and have your own family. Don’t you want to have your own family?

Luke: NO! I am not going to get married to a girl. I want to marry a boy.

Paige: I’m going to marry Brennan!

Luke: I’m going to move to California and marry a boy.

Paige: Oh yeah, and lots of beaches there.

Mom: But you won’t be able to have kids if you marry a boy.

Luke: Oh yeah, I’m just going to have a girl give me a baby.

Mom: What girl would just give you their baby?

Luke: Paige can give me a baby, right Paige?

Paige: Um, I mean…maybe I can do that Luke.

No comments: