Thursday, January 19, 2012

The big 0-5!!!

I can't believe it! 5 years old. Such a big boy! We've been telling him everything that happens when you turn 5. Things like no sucking your thumb other than your bed, no training wheels, things like that. Luke said to me the day before his birthday, "I'm not sure I want to turn 5". Guess it wasn't sounding all that appealing to him..HA!
Apprehension aside, he was VERY excited when the day finally came. He played "the birthday card" all day and he played it well. For example, "Paige, I get to pick first because I am the birthday boy!" OR "I get a bigger piece because I am the birthday boy".

The night before his birthday, while putting him to bed, I was telling him about when he was born. He asked what time of day he was born. I said, "you were born after lunchtime". To which he said, "what did I eat for dinner?"

Mommy and daddy both had to work so we came home and Luke wanted to stay home and have pizza. So that is what we did!

Since I wasn't there when he got up in the morning :( I tried to set it up nice for the birthday boy -
Dinner pizza party -
The kids made the cake with Angie. Paige botched the frosting job. But the kids loved it. Luke picked out the candles. 5 for him and a 3 for Paige.
The birthday boy :) -

No comments: